just wondering if anyone can assist. i have just installed solaris 10 x86
recommended patches on a 16 disks server. where first 2 disks are mirrored
called rpool, and remaining 14 disks are raid z called spool. upon installing
the patches successfully and rebooting server, i am coming up with the
following error:
---
NOTICE: Can not read the pool label from
'/p...@0,0/pci8086,2...@4/pci111d,8...@0/pci111d,8...@4/pci108e,2...@0/d...@0,0:a

/p...@0,0/pci8086,2...@4/pci111d,8...@0/pci111d,8...@4/pci108e,2...@0/d...@1,0:a'
NOTICE: spa_import_rootpool: error 5, Inc. All rights reserved.
Cannot mount root on
/p...@0,0/pci8086,2...@4/pci111d,8...@0/pci111d,8...@4/pci108e,2...@0/d...@0,0:a

/p...@0,0/pci8086,2...@4/pci111d,8...@0/pci111d,8...@4/pci108e,2...@0/d...@1,0:a
 fstype zfs

panic[cpu0]/thread=fffffffffbc28820: vfs_mountroot: cannot mount root

fffffffffbc4b190 genunix:vfs_mountroot+323 ()
fffffffffbc4b1d0 genunix:main+a9 ()
fffffffffbc4b1e0 unix:_start+95 ()

skipping system dump - no dump device configured
rebooting...
---
It looks like the solaris 10 os cannot find zfs filesystem and keeps on
rebooting in normal solaris os mode, but when I go to safe mode and type: zfs
list, I can see zfs rpool (mirrored) file system and cannot see the zfs spool
(raid z) file system, any ideas on how i can fix the boot problem and get zfs
spool back in the safest way possible?...