Ok so I had 1 drive fail in my Raidz2 zpool.

So I
zpool offline pool/drive
cfgadm -c unconfigure controller (also did controller drive combo)
it fails with this

u...@oss:~# cfgadm -f -c unconfigure sata3/2
Unconfigure the device at:
/devices/p...@0,0/pci10de,3...@a/pci1033,1...@0,1/pci11ab,1...@7:2
This operation will suspend activity on the SATA device
Continue (yes/no)? yes
cfgadm: Hardware specific failure: Failed to unconfig device at ap_id:
/devices/p...@0,0/pci10de,3...@a/pci1033,1...@0,1/pci11ab,1...@7:2

I also tried with the -f as shown above. I also tried to disconnect, but it
also fails with the same message.

I then went ahead and pulled the drive, and replaced the drive and attempt to
configure it but it ends up with this.

sata3/2::dsk/c7t2d0            disk         connected    configured   unusable

The old drive was 1TB and the new drive is 1.5TB

Any Ideas? Without a reboot, which I imagine would clear things right up.