I have 4 OS installed (prior to this version of Solaris) on my machine being
Windows7, BSD on primary, Linux Mint and openSuSE (this is my fav.) on extended
with swap partition. Swap partition and Solaris partition share same #. There
is a policy of solaris that goes like "preserve solaris" (it is unlikely though
since oracle has overshadowed the sun -:), this being the case the installer
thought there is Solaris install present. I had to convert the swap to ext4 in
order to get solaris install done.

When I try to make install I ensure that I allocate minimum 20 gig of space for
non Linux Distro. The error message actually tells you whats wrong. It got me
worried over the hardware(disk) condition since I got a replacement under
warranty abt a couple of months back.