> More thoughts please!  :)

Or you could continue using eiher Opensolaris 2009.06 or snv_b134 until Oracle
release what suppose to be Opensolaris replacement Solaris 11 Express at the
end of the year, and it is mention, that it might include "ZFS data
encryption", not seen anywhere else until Oracle releases the code, probably
here at Opensolaris home page after solaris 11 ships out.

ZFS gains data encryption
http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/ZFS-gains-data-encryption-1101860.html
(slow site to load)

PS it was mention by an oracle official that solaris will remain opensource and
only the brand name opensolaris was being retired in favor of solaris 11. and
oracle will continue working with  opensolaris :-)

quote:
"Dan Roberts, Director of Solaris Product Management surprised attendees by
stating that the OpenSolaris brand was going away. Although the name itself
won’t continue, the source code will continue to be open and available to the
developer community.

What Oracle is doing here, he said, is simplifying its naming conventions. “We
are going to focus everything around Solaris 11 to keep it simple,” said
Roberts. “There will no longer be a separate brand called OpenSolaris.”

He stressed that Oracle will continue to work with the Linux community on the
open-source version of OpenSolaris, as well as Oracle Linux and its Red Hat
Compatible Linux. “While we have changed the way we will work with the
community, Solaris will remain open source and the source code will be made
available to customers.”

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/information-management/oracle-unveils-mysql-55-says-goodbye-to-opensolaris-brand-oow10-008649.php