hi everyone,

I am a newbie to solaris, after trawling through linux and windows. I am
planning to test Open Solaris, Solaris Express11,Soalris 10,FreeBSD in the
coming weeks. I have recently installed Solaris Express 11 on my HP DV5000EA
Laptop which runs on amd 64bit 1.8ghz,1gb RAM.

Everything seems to be working fine apart from Broadcom wireless, and yes I am
aware how uneasy it is to get this working under any OS apart from windows.

My question is, Is it possible to get this broadcom chip working in 64bit
kernel and operating system (any solaris version). I have tried a few help
pages but no luck so far.

Someone said that FreeBSD drivers are bit flaky in 64bit BSD too, so I was
wondering if anyone can confirm that its the same case in solaris?

I mean I would love to use solaris because it just feels so original but at the
same time I would like to make full use of my hardware too.

Thanks for reading

Vineet