> From: opensolaris-help-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:opensolaris-help-

I recently went through this exercise, first trying bacula, and then trying
amanda.  I would recommend amanda a dozen times over instead of bacula.  The
documentation was better, the current release projects were recent (while
bacula is like 4 revs behind in blastwave/opencsw) ...  For amanda, I just
installed via opencsw or blastwave (I forget which) and voila, it was all
done and it was working.  I only had to create a config file, which was a
cinch, thanks to documentation that didn't suck.

Depending on your needs, you could also just use mbuffer.  It has options to
change tapes as necessary.  It's even simpler than amanda, but of course the
simpleness comes at the expense of functionality.

Still, suppose you're one of those people who still wants to store a "zfs
send" on tape...  You're aware of the pros/cons and are willing to
intelligently make your own choice despite all the people who say "don't do
that..."  mbuffer gives you a simple way to store a "zfs send" on tape and
rotate tapes.