> From: opensolaris-help-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:opensolaris-help-
> boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Peter Steiner
>
> Assume I have a second physical hard disc pluged in (already partitioned
and
> ZFS formatted). The first (=main) and the second (new) hard disc are
visible
> when I enter the command:
>
> pe@opensolaris:/tmp# format
> Searching for disks...done
> AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS:
>        0. c7d0 <DEFAULT cyl 4092 alt 2 hd 128 sec 32>
>           /pci@0,0/pci-ide@7,1/ide@0/cmdk@0,0
>        1. c7d1 <DEFAULT cyl 2065 alt 2 hd 255 sec 63>
>           /pci@0,0/pci-ide@7,1/ide@0/cmdk@1,0
> Specify disk (enter its number):
>

> How can I mount the second hard disc to lets say /mnt/second
>
> How can I copy all stuff from /home dir tree onto this new disc?

zpool import

After the 2nd pool is imported, you can copy/move things using normal
cp/mv/tar commands or whatever.  Although - If you want to copy & overwrite
the destination, you would probably benefit by using zfs send | zfs receive.
But if you do that, you'll overwrite the whole destination filesystem.