On 05/18/11 12:06 AM, Peter Steiner wrote:
> Assume I am sitting in front of an already installed OpenSolaris system with
> german menues and dialog box textes.
>
> How can I switch them to english language?
>
> I am not talking about the keyboard layout! I am talking about the menu
> language.
>
> Is switching this language not possible any more for a running system? That
> would mean I have to re-install OS.

It should be a choice for each user on the login screen, with the default coming
from the LANG setting in /etc/default/init.   You should never need to reinstall
to change languages, though you may need to add packages to switch to a language
you didn't previously install.   (English is always installed though.)

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersm...@oracle.com