On 05/18/11 09:23 AM, Brad Johnson wrote:
> The /var/log/Xorg.0.log file is too long for me to copy down here so I
> saved a copy of it and attached it to this email. Yes, I'm running
> 2009.06 since it was the most obvious one to download on the
> OpenSolaris site. If there's a later version to download could you
> tell me where to get it?

There are later test releases available from http://genunix.org/ , but
2009.06 was the last stable release before the OpenSolaris distro was
terminated.

> Yes, booting with the VESA driver brought up the GUI! I will install
> from here. Another question, though. I have an Nvidia card. Will the
> Nvidia Linux driver also work on OpenSolaris?

No, you need to use the Solaris version of the nvidia driver, since the
Solaris & Linux kernels are very very different.   A version of that is
included on the CD that was fairly recent when the release was made.

You can download newer versions from:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html

and install following the instructions on:
http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+x_win/NvidiaInstallation

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersm...@oracle.com