On 05/19/11 12:22 AM, Peter Steiner wrote:
> By default opensolaris.org is entered as the only software package publisher
> in the Package Manager.
>
> Sometimes I need some additional software from the well known software archive
>
> opencsw.org
>
> However I have problems to add this new publisher through the offered way in
> the Package manager. See the following snapshot:
>
> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/709/capture20110518203937.png/
>
> The package manager told me something like "no packages found" or similar.
>
> What's wrong?

That URL isn't for an IPS package publisher.   Does opencsw have an IPS package
archive?   I thought they just produced SVR4 format packages for older Solaris
releases.   If so, you can download and install them manually, using the old
SVR4 packaging tools, but not as a package publisher in IPS.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersm...@oracle.com