On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 01:49:38 +0100, Carlo Wood wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 05:31:20PM -0600, Soft Linden wrote:
> > There have been no bans related to the TPV policy release.
> >
> > I know there's been some work on migrating some servers to a data
> > center with better connectivity to the other sims, etc. There was also
> > a login problem lasting a couple minutes yesterday around 19:30
> > Pacific. I wouldn't be surprised if it was related to one of these.
>
> Instead of a "Sorry, we don't help you", support would better
> answer with "Sorry, we have not disabled null-MAC's yet, so it
> probably was a temporary problem, or should be. Can you still
> login with the normal viewer?"

Yes, and the answer to the latter question was already in my ticket...
I did write in it that I was still able to login with a full
fledged viewer (either official or third party) but not with
text-only clients based on Mono... Which also makes me doubt very
much it was just a glitch of the login server due to a migration
or whatnot.

Anyway... Whatever the cause or whoever the culprit, things are
back to normal, and that's what counts, after all, even if the
support is still as lame as ever.

Henri.