I really don't care whether Linden Lab has written their TPV trainwreck
in good faith or not.

 * I'm not going to develop a free, opensource viewer if I'm going to be
held liable for it.  I don't have the money to hire a copyright lawyer
to tell a judge/jury that the TPV is complete BS.

 * Linden Lab has no right, written or otherwise, to tell me what I
should add to or remove from my viewer.  If they want to call the shots,
they can give me a job.

 * I'm CERTAINLY not going to interpret their recent lawyering-up and
silence on the matter as good faith, especially when they pushed it out
to us a month early.

I don't even know why people are still arguing over this.  The TPV goes
against my software's licensing, so users will not use it on SL, period.
Others should realize this too: LL wants a walled garden.  It's time to
move on, develop our own viewers, and break compatibility with a company
that seems hellbent on destroying the very open-source project they have
created.

I'm working on making voxel-based terrain anyway, both to break
compatibility with SL and just to improve OpenSim instead of arguing
about it on some mailing list forever while LL steamrolls ahead.  Don't
be one of the people they run over.

Rob Nelson ("Fred Rookstown")
Luna Viewer
http://luna.nexisonline.net