While that may be his intention, you can't make a new Snowglobe by placing a
patch in Jira, applying the patch to Snowglobe sources, and then
distributing the resulting viewer as if it were a new version of Snowglobe,
exempt from being a TPV.

If that were possible then everyone would do likewise with their own patches
in order not to be caught by the TPV policy.

So until SNOW-375 is committed into Snowglobe, Dzon is releasing a new
viewer that is not Snowglobe, and it's clearly a TPV so it needs a name,
which is why I asked what that name was.

I expect that Linden Lab would not take kindly to such TPV clients derived
from Snowglobe being called "Snowglobe-XXX" as a way of bypassing the TPV
policy.  Perhaps Merov could comment.

Morgaine.