On Tuesday 20 April 2010 17:02:26 Joe Linden wrote:
> Boy,
>
> There was nothing quiet, or "in the background" about it, believe me.  This
> update is the topic of conversation at the noon PDT brown bag I'm hosting
> today.  The changes were pushed live ahead of the meeting, so there would
>  be no question they are incorporated in to the TPV and TOS, both of which
>  are effective on 4/30.
>
> I'll see those of you still interested in the subject at noon here:
> http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Linden%20Estate%20Services/229/230/29
>
> -- joe

This is somewhat belated, but: Thank you Joe!

The TPVp is still not ideal from my perspective, but it is now certainly
something I think an open source community can work with.

I still wish it would not force viewers to enforce DRM, specifically in cases
where the user has an appropriate license from the creator that supersedes the
DRM. But I guess this is pretty much a given when a user chooses to create
their content in a grid that is very much DRM-centric. Hopefully the DRM will
be extended soon to include an "export ok" flag, now that the TPVp made it a
critical thing.

Anyway, thanks for listening!

--
Thickbrick