One thing I liked about the pie menu is the area where the mouse click needs
to take place increases in width as you move away from the center, making it
easy to make the desired pick. I often find when navigating nested
rectangular menus that it's difficult to keep the mouse hovered in the
desired area and it tends to open the wrong one unless the cursor is very
precisely placed. This is especially troublesome when navigating
thru several menu levels.