On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 1:13 AM, Stickman <stick...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was referring to what's mentioned in this Jira, actually:
> http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-6713

That issue is unresolved.

> I'm not seeing any promises in the comments, but I could have sworn it
> was supposed to be in viewer 2 somewhere. Anyone have information
> about what was planned for it that isn't in the Jira?

The viewer has had an option for many years now to force all alpha
channels down to 1 bit. This fixes most all the alpha sorting problems
but it also breaks content (mostly hair and particles).

Viewer 1 Advanced -> Render -> Fast Alpha
Viewer 2-2.1 Develop -> Render -> Fast Alpha
Snowglobe 2.1 & viewer-development -> Develop -> Render -> Automatic
Alpha Masking (with separate options for deferred and non deferred)