I think the issue may be with slplugin, though i am not sure yet..  As its
starting to be used quite a bit.  And every media / external webbased thing
loads up a plugin. My Wifes machine at one time had like 23 slplugins
running.  Who knows how many threads.

Ill have to peek atthe code to proove this theory.

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 3:18 PM, Vex Streeter <vexstree...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  HTTP textures seems to make an already bad situation worse.  A very
> large number of the open files I see on Linux are fonts:  I've seen up
> to 20 FDs pointing to the same font file - I typically run under linux
> with a ulimit of 2048 to avoid the issue.  I see similar things on
> Windows (7) but it is neither quite as bad (fewer fonts maybe?) nor
> happens to hit whatever fd limit windows has.  One of the problems with
> running out of FDs is that the viewer can fail in all sorts of bizarre
> ways and will often not be able to dump a useful log.
>
> On 9/19/2010 11:33 AM, leliel wrote:
> > I have exactly the same problem, except I'm using linux and my ulimit
> > is 1024. When I have http-textures enabled and I teleport the open
> > files hover around 850-950 with the viewer intermittently running out
> > of file descriptors. This causes about 1/3 of the http connections to
> > time out, presumably waiting for a free file descriptor, after this
> > happens for 30 seconds or so the cache system will get confused and
> > clear the whole cache, often 2 or 3 times per teleport. Eventually the
> > viewer will give up on the textures leaving 1/3 of the world gray. As
> > you might imagine, this makes http-textures completely unusable for
> > me.
> >
> > Occasionally the viewer will run out of file descriptors for too long
> > and crash, I had this happen to me once when some one IM'd me and the
> > viewer couldn't open the log file.
> > Policies and (un)subscribe information available here:
> > http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/OpenSource-Dev
> > Please read the policies before posting to keep unmoderated posting
> privileges

> privileges

This email is a private and confidential communication. Any use of email may
be subject to the laws and regulations of the United States. You may not
Repost, Distribute nor reproduce any content of this message.