On Sun, 3 Oct 2010 21:01:00 -0700 (PDT), Ann Otoole wrote:

> Whats the jira for this defect you say exists that I have never once observed
> despite always using a setting of 4?

I don't contribute to the JIRA any more: what's the point when LL
marks the issues as "will not finish" or just plain ignores them
for years, and when even your patches are not taken into account
because they want a contribution agreement that endangers your
privacy and anhilates your anonimity ?...

As for a repro, I just sent you a test object in-world: it's derivated
from a collar, and I reduced it to its simplest expression (5 prims in
total) to demonstrate the issue: a torus (the 'collar'), and four
little LEDs on its side, each made out of a sphere (around 0.015m big),
hollowed at 70% and dimpled at 95%.

Remove all attachments on your Av (so that there is no possible issue
with the number of prims attached to your Av), and "Wear" the
demonstrator (it attaches to your Av's spine and appears around its
neck).

- Start Snowglobe v1.4, 1.5 or v2.2, or even tyhe latest beta viewer
  v2.2

- Set your RenderVolumeLODFactor to 1.0, and zoom in and out on the leds:
  no problem.

- Set your RenderVolumeLODFactor to 4.0 and zoom out and back in. 4 times
  out of 5 the LEDs do not come back when zooming it. In fact, the slower
  you zoom in, the less they are likely to reappear. If you zoom in real
  fast, they may come back.

- Log off and start viewer v1.23.5.

- Repeat the procedure: no issue at all, even with larger LOD factors.

In fact any LOD factor above 2.0 shows the issue from times to time, and
anything above 3.0 shows it almost everytime.

> There is a different debug setting calledRenderMaxNodeSize that produces
> the behavior you noted btw. It's default is 8192. Go lower and what you
> describe happens.

This has no influence whatsoever on the above issue. It's also set to 8192
for me anyway, and even doubling this number doesn't prevent the issue
from happening

Henri.