Hi,

I have been looking to get Arabic text working on the SL client, but so far
with no luck. I am only looking to display Arabic for menus and text on the
client.

What I have found is that the Arabic text is being displayed left-to-right,
rather than right-to-left. I have added a language to SL, so I have the Arabic
translations in UTF8 format in XML files, as with the other languages such as
Chinese.

I used Notepad++ to copy the translations to the XML files, and they are
displayed right-to-left correctly. However, when loaded into the SL client, the
text is being reversed so that it reads left-to-right.

I have tried reversing the text, so that it displays left-to-right in the XML
file, in the hope that it will then be reversed and display right-to-left in
the client. I cannot read or write Arabic, but I have been told that the
characters are displayed disjoint, most likely due to the wrong ordering of the
characters breaking associations between them in the XML file.

Has anyone looked into this problem, or have any ideas to what I could try?
Does anyone have this working?

Kind Regards,
Izze