From: Hitomi Tiponi <hitomi.tip...@yahoo.co.uk>
To: Opensource_dev <opensource-dev@lists.secondlife.com>
Sent: Thu, 17 March, 2011 0:28:51
Subject: [opensource-dev] Snowstorm 2.6.1 with Advanced and Basic mode

I agree - this is definitely a very big step in the right direction for new
residents.  So many good things - especially the easy destination guide.

But a few observations:
1 - a shame this wasn't implemented using proper skinning instead of a hack on
the code.
2 - although you can 'detach' your hair etc. you can't add it back (unless I
missed something).
3 - many places give you ncs when you arrive - it took me just 2 tps to find
one, and then it tells you to upgrade to 'Advanced' to read it, confusing if
you've only been inworld a short time.  Maybe a very cut-down inventory may
solve this and item 2.
4 - 'no' to point and click movement - there is one journalist in SL that likes
that, and he is on his own.  The standard way of walking should be introduced
right at  the start - it is not that difficult.

But. all that said I do like it, and I think it should improve retention rates
-
it also has a nice side-effect of decreasing tp and rez times!