On 05/26/2011 05:19 PM, Boroondas Gupte wrote:
A quick'n'dirty workaround would be to make the constructor public. Though, looking at the doxygen comment of LLFlatListViewEx <https://bitbucket.org/JonathanYap/storm-899/src/39afebbcccb7/indra/llui/llflatlistview.h#cl-439>, the constructor being protected is probably on purpose, as the class "is intended to be used as a base class for lists which should support two different messages for empty state.", which might mean it isn't meant to be used directly.
Correct, LLFlatListViewEx is not a widget but a base class for widgets. It's there just to prevent code duplication.

So the right thing to do is probably to look at its concrete descendants <http://developer.dimentox.com/d7/dd1/classLLFlatListViewEx.html> (click "Inheritance diagram for LLFlatListViewEx") and see whether one of them fits your purpose (maybe LLWearableItemsList?), or, failing that, to derive your own sub-class from LLFlatListViewEx.
I doubt I doubt that fixing this bug requires creation of a new widget.

--
Vadim