On 6/6/2011 12:37 PM, Jonathan Welch wrote:
> I have been working on a draw distance slider and realized this would
> be a good time to have a discussion about what the lowest value you
> can set your draw distance to should be.
>
> If you have an opinion of why it should be lowered from what it is
> now, 64, please reply to this message with your reasoning.
>
> Thank you,
>
> -Jonathan
When I was stuck with seriously underpowered hardware, 24m was enough to
let me get by in the busiest places, any less than that made the camera
act wacky. It's still possible with RenderFarClip if there is no general
desire to let the slider drop that far, so no huge deal. Why go that
low? Because sometimes you've got to get inworld and do stuff, even when
it can't look good, and even that nearsighted it's a lot easier to get
things done than in a text based client.