I also agree with Arrehn's assessment - and welcome the changes made by FUI.

It is a shame that these ideas were not run past some ordinary (i.e.
non-techie) users at a group such as the Viewer Evolution User Group to gauge
user opinion and priorities on various issues before deciding on design
directions.  Hopefully now these changes have been released that the team will
work with the user community to further improve it; we all want these changes
to improve the user experience - so let us all work together to make sure that
they do.