The patch still uses Carbon functionality that could be removed in an SDK
update, just functionality that hasn't been removed as of yet (creating HIViews
that use Cocoa views, for example).  So while it works now, there's no
guarantee that it'll work under the next OS X version, which is likely due out
next year now that Apple's committed to annual OS X updates.

I'd be interested to hear about the legacy OpenGL hacks that you're trying to
remove however!  That part I find fairly interesting.

Geenz Spad
ge...@exodusviewer.com