On Mon, 17 Dec 2012 16:18:59 -0500, Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) wrote:

> On 2012-12-17 03:43 , Henri Beauchamp wrote:
> > On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 16:40:58 -0500, Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) wrote:
> >
> > .../...
> > Could you please provide a repository which is the copy of the one that
> > was used to implement server side baking changes but that would be clean
> > of those changes (this way, we could create a clean diff containing only
> > the relevant changes, which would help immensely and prevent long trial
> > and error sessions figuring out what is needed or not) ?
>
> No, we can't, sorry.

Did you ever say "yes" and actually provide any kind of useful help
to an OpenSource developer ?... I'm yet to find a case in which that
happened...

You, know, the time I spend sorting out LL's mess, I don't spend it
providing you with bugfixes (even if, because of the stupid CA stuff,
I must find convoluted ways to contribute, such as the private emails
I already sent to you to point out and explain nasty bugs in your
code).

FYI, there are currently two nasty bugs in the renderer code that I
was investigating:
- one bug deals with the new idleUpdate() code that was recently
  introduced in LL's v3 viewers and that I so far put on hold in my
  viewer because it causes bad issues (disappearing objects out of
  the FOV) when the camera mode is set to CAMERA_MODE_CUSTOMIZE_AVATAR
  (it seems that v3 viewers don't use this mode any more, even if the
  code is still there, but that's plain silly because the preview
  thumbnails (dynamic textures) in the wearable editor are then
  showing your avatar from the back or in random posistions instead
  of having it facing the camera).
- another, even more serious bug, deals with scripted, punctually
  moving objects (sliding and rotating doors, for example), which
  position fails to be updated in the renderer when they are off
  the camera FOV; click on an auto-closing door to open it, then
  turn away from it so that it's no more in the FOV and wait till
  it closes automatically, then turn around again to face it:
  surprise, it appears as still open (but it's not: you'd bump
  into it and right-clicking on the spot where it should be makes
  it render again) !
  Note that this bug is *not* related with the idleUpdate() issue
  (it also affects my viewer which doesn't include the new
  idleUpdate() buggy code).

Well, because of your "no", I will put the investigations on these
issues on hold and instead waste my time with guess work as to what
changes are actually related with the new server baking code or not
in the 2Mb diff I got...

Great achievement !...

> .../...
> If you have questions about how the code works, and especially the new
> messages exchanged regarding avatar appearance, ask them here and we'll
> do what we can to help.

I'm smart enough to figure out by myself how those messages work,
thank you !  I didn't ask you to explain me how your code works, but
*just* to provide me (and all TPV developers alike) with the *actual*,
*relevant* changes from the *current* viewer-development branch.

So, thank you for *nothing* !... >:-(

(A rather pissed off and fed up) Henri.