v-d is deprecated. v-r has not received it yet only in viewer-beta

>________________________________

file?  Its not in viewer-release or viewer-development.

>Twisted

build_version.py and update_version_files.py from the scripts/ directory, is
that supposed to be that way? What should be used now to update the different
version files, other than vi?
>See
>https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Channel_and_Version_Requirements#Version_Number

update the first three levels of the version number, edit just one file:
indra/newview/VIEWER_VERSION.txt

>That value is then propagated everywhere
it needs to be (more places than it used to be, in fact).

>The fourth
level number can be set manually at build time by the 'revision' environment
variable; if that is not set, the build will try to use the Mercurial revision
number of the current repo, or zero if it can't use that.

>--
>
>Scott
Lawrence | Director of Open Development
>Skype ozlinden | Second Life Oz
Linden

>Linden Lab| Makers of Shared Creative
Spaces
>SECOND LIFE | PATTERNS | CREATORVERSE | DIO | VERSU
>Policies and (un)subscribe
information available
here:
>http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/OpenSource-Dev
>Please read the
policies before posting to keep unmoderated posting
privileges