On 2013-07-17 13:38 , Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Greetings,

I'm a bit confused with LL's new release process: many beta and project
viewers are available for download as binaries on the Wiki (see:
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alternate_Viewers )
but there is no corresponding repositories in the mercurial (see:
http://hg.secondlife.com/ ): in particular, I see no repository for
the Beta and Beta Maintenance (with the new particles code) channels.

See https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Viewer_Source_Repositories

Also, some new features announced in the release notes of the RC channels
for the latest releases (for example, the new UpdateAgentAppearance
capability for SSB regions, appearaing in RC Magnum v13.07.15.278606
release notes) are not even yet available in the corresponding viewer
repository (for UpdateAgentAppearance, it should be in sunshine-external).

I am also noticing errors and contradictions between the available code
sources and the server release notes (e.g. RC Magnum v13.07.15.278606
release notes advertize "Added IncrementCofVersion capability" but this
capability is actually not enabled in the sims running this server
release, and when I asked Nyx last Monday, at the Content User Group
meeting, he replied this capability was abandonned: who is right ?...).

The Sunshine project isn't ready with their next round of viewer changes... they'll appear in those repos when they are closer to being integrated, and there will be test versions available for the viewer at around the same time.

--
*Scott Lawrence* | /Director of Open Development/
Skype ozlinden <skype://ozlinden> | Second Life Oz Linden <https://my.secondlife.com/oz.linden>

Linden Lab| Makers of Shared Creative Spaces <http://lindenlab.com/>
SECOND LIFE <http://secondlife.com/> | PATTERNS <http://buildpatterns.com/> | CREATORVERSE <http://creatorverse.com/> | DIO <http://dio.com/> | VERSU <http://versu.com/>