I am in process of rebuilding all linux libraries. I had in 2015 broken apart
gtk-atk-pango-glib into individual autobuild 3p type repositories.

All of those have performed well in Kokua linux and linux64.

I have updated and rebuilt for lack of better terminology, feeder libraries:

I have an issue with fontconfig. I cannot isolate freetype from the system
version and have during configure

***********************************

No package 'freetype2' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables FREETYPE_CFLAGS
and FREETYPE_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

If system package libfreetpye6-dev is present it finds it, but the system
version is older than what fontconfig wants for minimum required.

I have tried the export of FREETYPE_CFLAGS and FREETYPE_LIBS pointing to
3p-fontconfig/stage/packages/freetype and the same error occurs.

I need some advice on how to sandbox freetype in the fontconfig build?

Fyi, there is an issue for freetype linux section that is corrected by

Adding:
            mkdir -p "$stage/include/freetype2/"
            cp -a include/ft2build.h "$stage/include/"
            cp -a include/freetype "$stage/include/freetype2/"

Just before
            make distclean

This same change was placed by Nat in the windows section.