On 2019-12-16 09:47 , Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) wrote:
On 2019-12-13 11:34 , Oz Linden (Scott Lawrence) wrote:

I've posted a document on how to follow our conversion from hg to git:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BEvUxaGnTQ54JNd6B7TZQE_Z0JccaoTYmJGNaXsnq_o/edit?usp=sharing

I'll try to get the wiki updated to our new processes over the next few weeks.

To be clear ... our plan is that the 6.3.5-release pushed last week will be the last one in Mercurial; all future viewer releases will be in git only.

The various in-progress projects are being converted, and you should begin seeing them either as branches in the viewer-dev repository or as new forks of that repository over the next month or so.

Yesterdays promotion was our first viewer default viewer built from git! The other in-progress viewers will all need to have been converted (most already have been) before they can update.

One process change - we've decided that the distinction between lindenlab/viewer and lindenlab/viewer-dev was not useful enough to be worth the trouble, so all in-progress branches are moving to lindenlab/viewer and the -dev repo will be locked and eventually deleted. So you only have one repo to watch...

--
OZ LINDEN | VP Second Life Engineering
email: o...@lindenlab.com <mailto:o...@lindenlab.com> | Scott Lawrence <https://www.linkedin.com/in/scottdlawrence/>