Ng Pheng Siong wrote:
>
> On Feb 15, Lutz Behnke wrote:
> > I have started working on a complete overhaul of the EVP system as I
> > need to do this for the inclusion of PKCS-11 support. How do I sync that with
> > the rest of the project?
>
> How about publishing your planned API?
There is not much change to the external api. The only extension is the
one
function for symetrical ciphers and some additional calls for the
creation
of pkcs-11 based asym keys.
But 'tis probably a good idea to do a download to my head and assemble a
complete
paper on the new functions.
>
> IMHO, the init/update/final call style should be retained, since it is simple
> and familiar.
The main change will be to the removal of the whole load of asymetric
algs. that
are combined in a fixed way with the digest mechanism for a sign
operation.
There was already a small code snipped for the separation of the two in
the
evp.h and I latched onto that.
>
Even endagering myself to apear unknowledgeable: What is NGB? Or am I
just
getting old B-)
mfg lutz
--
*******************************************************************
Lutz Behnke Tel.: 040 / 766 29 1423
TC TrustCenter for Security Fax.: 040 / 766 29 577
in Data Networks GmbH email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Am Werder 1
21073 Hamburg, Germany
S/MIME Cryptographic Signature