On Mon, Jun 07, 1999 at 05:52:24PM +0200, Goetz Babin-Ebell wrote:

> I think in b_sock.c I've stumbled into some error cases in which some locking
> isn't undone:

It's wrong anyway, I haven't come around to change it ...
That caching gethostbyname function is only suitable for
single-threaded use -- it's an API problem, not an implementation
problem; for multi-threaded use we need something with a
gethostbyname_r-like interface (BIO_gethostbyname_r).  All locking
will be done there: lock, call BIO_gethostbyname, copy result, unlock.