Peter Gutmann wrote:

> Dr Stephen Henson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> >Historically OpenSSL has used the MASM ("ml") assembler for Win32 which
> >is rather expensive and tricky to obtain: I don't have it for example.
>
> Actually you already have it, and it's free (well, free if you have the Win95
> DDK, which comes with MSDN, which every Windows developer seems to end up with
> by default).  Because MASM 6.11 couldn't generate VxD's, MS shipped a hacked
> version with the DDK which is buried somewhere n levels deep in a
> subdirectory.  Just run it with the /coff argument and it'll produce output
> which works fine for NT.

Well at least part of the idea was not to assume the person compiling
OpenSSL had MSDN membership (don't you need one of the $$$ ones to get
the Win95 SDK?) or had NT for that matter.

Is there a small download that is extractable on say Win95 containing
MASM? The stuff I've seen needs Win98 or NT and needs a huge download
not to mention several of the links being broken. There's enough
complaints about having to install perl as it is...

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/
Personal Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]