appro> >  (Uh oh-- I always get
appro> > > that wrong.  I believe that x86 CPU's are little-endian, and PPC's are
appro> > > big-endian.
appro> It's easy:-) There're very few little-endians and a lot of big-endians.
appro> "Few/lot" are in terms of variety, not amount of sales:-) "Few" are
appro> Intel-based and Digital boxes (VAXes, Alphas and old MIPS-based
[...]

*LOL*

A slightly more appropriate definition I've heard and used is that the
endianness is decided by which end if the word or longword the array
of bytes containing it is started.  Do you have the least significant
byte first?  Then you have a little-endian machine.  Do you have the
most significant byte first?  Big-endian.

--
Richard Levitte   \ Spannvägen 38, II \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Redakteur@Stacken  \ S-161 43  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.