I am also interested in building a win32 binary DLLs. The problem is that
openssldir/prefix is hard coded into the binary. How does one choose this default
directory to suit everybody's PC? But I found it no effect on SSL client  calls and
crypto library. If this is true, a client DLL can be pre-built. Dont' know very much
about the server functionality though!

-Steve.