[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm  having trouble with canonicalization when decrypting smime on WindowsNT.
> It appears to add an extra <cr>.
> If I encrypt a file wich includes <cr><lf> and then decrypt the encrypted
>
> Is it supposed to do that?
> How do I solve this problem?
>
> I encrypt a multipart/signed message and therfore gets a digest error when I
> verify the signature.

Before sumbitting a message to be included in a multipart/signed message
you should process it into canonical form: that is no isolated CRs and
end of line is CR+LF.

You should process the multipart/signed message in the same way before
verifying the signature.

If you do this then the extra CRs shouldn't matter.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/
Personal Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]