Hello all,

Just in from InternetWeek ..... this puts a new light on certificates!

>From: InternetWeek Newsletter
Subject: InternetWeek Newsletter - Dec. 21: VeriSign Expands
 Services With Acquisitions

This is your InternetWeek Newsletter
for today, Tuesday, December 21, 1999.

1. Today's News

* VeriSign Expands Services With Thawte, Signio Acquisitions
*************************

VeriSign Expands Services With Thawte, Signio Acquisitions

Internet security vendor VeriSign Inc. yesterday said it acquired
privately held Thawte Consulting of South Africa, a provider of
digital certificates to Web sites and software developers.

In a separate announcement, VeriSign said it agreed to buy privately
held Signio Inc., a provider of payment services connecting online
merchants, business-to-business exchanges and financial institutions
on the Internet. The acquisition allows VeriSign to expand its
Internet trust services, executives said.

"Establishing a consistent, globally interoperable trust
infrastructure for the Internet has been our mission since day one,"
said Stratton Sclavos, president and chief executive of VeriSign.
-- Marcia Savage, Computer Reseller News

http://www.internetwk.com/story/INW19991220S0008

Cheers,
Sambo   P-)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

If God had meant for us to be in the Army, we would have been born with
green, baggy skin.

{NOTE: The [random] quote above was provided via the 'fortune' program.}