Ulf Möller wrote:

> > Which ones don't get documented is largely a matter of opinion
> > but I'd place RSA_padding_add_PKCS1_type_1() into this category.
>
> Well I thought about that, but I didn't place in that category because
> I use RSA_padding_add_PKCS1_type_1() in my OpenPGP implementation for
> ElGamal. Of course if we add a set of functions to do ElGamal encryption
> there would be no need to call those functions.

Well OK but I'd say some warning is in order a sort of "don't try this
at home" variant :-)

One of joys of not documenting things is that if someone calls it and it
gets changed or deleted in future you can claim it wasn't supposed to be
called by applications in the first place.

Anyway on an unrelated note: why does the random number generator have
to be seeded before using RSA sign/verify? At least in the case of
PKCS#1 v 1.5 sigs there is no random input. Or is this is something
which is needed only when blinding is on?

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/
Personal Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]