Hi,

I am preparing to upgrade to the upcomming OpenSSL 0.9.5 and ran into two
problems:
1. When loading CAfile data, SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations() returns 0,
   even if certificates are available (and did work with 0.9.4).
   There are no errors on the error stack to be printed, so I would have
   to trace through the code to find the reason.
   As of know, my software will understand the return value 0 as error
   indicator and will abort; in s_server.c etc, the return value is only
   used for possible printout of errors and otherwise silently ignored.

   Before I spend hours digging tracing through openssl: Is there a cure
   available? I remember having seen similar problems discussed before,
   but no complete solution.
2. As of the latest snapshot, OpenSSL became picky of seeding the PRNG.
   I have EGD available, as it was recommended for OpenSSH; the sample code
   for querying it being quite simple.
   a. Could you thing of including EGD support into the apps/?
   b. Can you give recommondations on the number of bytes needed to seed
      the PRNG? Consider me using EGD....

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/