From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2000 2:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: HELP - I have a Netscape hang!

I hope someone out there can help me - quickly!

I compiled and installed OpenSSL v0.9.5a a few weeks ago and then I rebooted
my
Sun SPARC (running Solaris 7) on Monday, 06/05.  Since then, when I bring up
Netscape (v4.61), it hangs on every site that has to be resolved thru DNS.
If I
put in a numeric URL, Netscape can function; if Netscape must resolve the
address, it hangs until it finally says it can't resolve the name.  The
system
was fine until I did the reboot.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix this, or at very least
uninstall OpenSSL to see if that is causing the problem?  Please help me,
because I am not that great at solving problems that are "under the radar"
(unviewable & system-related, that is).  I've tried everything else that I
or my
colleagues can think of.  Unfortunately, none of us do system-level
debugging...

Thank you *very* much!

Dana Kaempen