This is a newbie question.

Sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to send this message (and if I'm in the wrong place, just let me know: I won't send emails here again).

I'm considering porting the ssl code (client-side only) onto an embedded device (a.k.a. Internet appliance) to allow it to perform secure communications with an SSL-compliant server.

Questions:
0) Has this already been done? (if so, by whom/contact info, for what env.)
1) Is there a group that focuses on such issues (e.g. porting the code, embedded devices, non-wintel/non-unix envs)
2) What's the approximate footprint of the compiled client side of SSL (ballpark, on any given platform)
3) Where can I find a list of the hardware/os-related modules required for a successful port of the code (e.g. malloc, free, ...) for all functions not included as part of the source.

BTW: what's the diff. bet SSL v3.0 and TSL1.0?

Thanks.
Frederic Rudman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Chatham Software Corp.