I'm trying to get Windows builds working "better" (a relative term, of
course <g>)

I would like to see the following changes if I can get them:

For Borland C++ Builds:

1)      There is a function called ERR_load_CRYPTO_strings in the generated
file "cpt_err.c", and another function called ERR_load_crypto _strings in
"err_all.c".  The names differ only in case, and they end up clashing in the
library at TLIB time for libeay32.lib.  I don't know what the intention here
is, but the collision in the library can't be correct/intended, can it?
This may be present in all builds - I don't know - but it is brought to
one's attention during Borland builds and should be corrected.

2)      I had to make some changes to the makefile 'bcb.mak' to get things
to build.  I have included a 'diff' to illustrate the suggested changes.
All of these changes we necessary to get OpenSSL to build with Borland's
"make v5.2", and "bcc 5.4" (the tools that ship with BC Builder 4.0).  Could
you make the bcb.mak makefile generator generate the makefile with these
changes in it?

3)      One of the changes in the makefile is to turn off some warnings so
that build is at least a little cleaner.  I'm a kind of a fanatic about
clean, warningless builds and leaving all warnings turned ON if possible so
that legitimate mistakes can be caught by a compiler rather than a debugger
or a QA lab.  If I took the time to prototype all the "missing prototype"
functions, parenthesize all the "possibly incorrect assignment" statements,
and clean up whatever other warnings I can that BC is spotting for us, would
you put the changes in for me or would it be waste of my time?

For all Windows Builds:

        I would like to be able to omit the RAND_SCREEN code from builds.  I
have diffs of app_rand.c, rand_win.c, and rand.h that can (if NO_RAND_SCREEN
is defined) switch off the RAND_screen stuff and instead supply a method of
seeding the PRNG that is extremely similar to the UNIX version of RAND_poll
in rand_win.c. Are these valid changes?  The reason that I'm asking for them
is because I don't ever want to use that RAND_screen seeding method, and if
I leave that code in there, I get about 10 "_imp_Xxxx undefined" functions
when I link with static OpenSSL libraries. Rather than fix the link trouble,
I would prefer to just opt out of using this code altogether.

These changes are against the 20000731 Snapshot.

 <<app_rand.c_diff>>  <<rand_win.c_diff>>  <<rand.h_diff>>  <<bcb.mak_diff>>

Thanks for considering these changes for me.

Bill Rebey

app_rand.c_diff

rand_win.c_diff

rand.h_diff