> From: Francesco Gennai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Francesco.Gennai> The compilation is currently running, but I have
> Francesco.Gennai> already received an Informational and Fatal messages
> Francesco.Gennai> (see the attached file).
> Francesco.Gennai>
> Francesco.Gennai> System data:
> Francesco.Gennai> AlphaServer 800 5/500
> Francesco.Gennai> OpenVMS AXP V7.2-1
> Francesco.Gennai> Process Software MultiNet V4.2 Rev A-X
> Francesco.Gennai> DEC C V6.0-001
> Francesco.Gennai>
> Francesco.Gennai> Command used:
> Francesco.Gennai>
> Francesco.Gennai> @MAKEVMS ALL NORSAREF NODEBUG DECC

> The warning that you got has been fixed.  That socketshr.h can't be
> included is an installation problem on your part.  I can very well
> understand the mistake, since the SOCKETSHR installation instruction
> doesn't say anything about socketshr.h.  However, that one should be
> copied to a place where it's visible for the compiler.  Usually, that
> would be in SYS$LIBRARY:.

> Another alternative is to use UCX emulation, but since the scripts
> take SOCKETSHR first if the logical SOCKETSHR exists, you have to say
> explcitely that you want UCX:

> @MAKEVMS ALL NORSAREF NODEBUG DECC "" UCX

Richard,
Is the following correct ?

I have the SOCKETSHR logical defined as:

"SOCKETSHR" = "SYS$SHARE:SOCKETSHR_NETLIB1.EXE"

I have used
@MAKEVMS ALL NORSAREF NODEBUG DECC "" UCX

but I get the same " Cannot find file <socketshr.h> "  fatal error.
Like to say that the UCX parameter hasn't produced the effect to skip
SOCKETSHR logicals.
(If I have understood correctly that shouldn't happen)

So I have deleted the logical SOCKETSHR and repeated
the build with
@MAKEVMS ALL NORSAREF NODEBUG DECC "" UCX
and this time it go on successfully.

Francesco