On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:

> From: Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> kris> Could you give me a pointer to the patch? I'd like to fix this, and we
> kris> won't be bringing 0.9.6 into 4.1-STABLE for a month or so.
>

>http://www.openssl.org/source/cvs/crypto/evp/encode.c.diff?r1=1.8&r2=1.9&hideattic=1&sortbydate=0
>
> If that doesn't fix your problem, let me know.

Well, this is odd.  I no longer get the crash on one of my machines after
applying the patch, but I do on another after rebuilding everything in
sight.  If I copy the working libcrypto.so to the other machine (FreeBSD
uses shared libraries) then it stops working (backtrace is the same as
before). OpenSSL is dynamically linked and pointing at the correct
libraries.

I'm not sure what to make of it.

Kris

    -- Charles Forsythe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>