From: Cliff Sarginson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

csarginson> ss_id.o ciphers.o nseq.o pkcs12.o pkcs8.o spkac.o smime.o rand.o -L.
csarginson> -L.. -L../.. -L../../.. -L.. -lssl -L.. -lcrypto
csarginson> ld: Missing library symbol table in ../libssl.a
csarginson> Fatal error.
csarginson> make[1]: *** [openssl] Error 1
csarginson> make[1]: Leaving directory
csarginson> `/tmp_mnt/homes/csargins/openssl-HP-64/openssl-0.9.5a/apps'
csarginson> make: *** [all] Error 1
csarginson>
csarginson> I would be grateful for any light you could throw on this.
csarginson> I am pretty sure that libssl is having ranlib run on it, but I can send
csarginson> the
csarginson> whole output of make if that helps.

Actually, what you can do is to manually run ranlib on libcrypto.a and
libssl.a and do the make again to see if it worked better.

--
Richard Levitte   \ Spannvägen 38, II \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Chairman@Stacken   \ S-168 35  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.