From: "Reddie, Steven" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Steven.Reddie> I've come across four race conditions in the following
Steven.Reddie> functions in rsa_eay.c:
Steven.Reddie>  RSA_public_encrypt
Steven.Reddie>  RSA_public_decrypt
Steven.Reddie>  RSA_eay_mod_exp (x2)
Steven.Reddie>
Steven.Reddie> These can cause unexpected failure of the RSA_eay_
Steven.Reddie> encryption/decryption functions for both public and
Steven.Reddie> private key operations.  The problem occurs when more
Steven.Reddie> than one thread simultaneously uses the same RSA key

Hmm, someone else needs to tell us if this is meant to be supported or
not for now.  However, when it comes to the locking part, for now
CRYPTO_LOCK_RSA is probably the more appropriate one, but what we
really should have is a lock for each instance of the RSA structure
(or any structure).  I've talked about this some time ago, perhaps
it's time to do more than just talking...

--
Richard Levitte   \ Spannvägen 38, II \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Chairman@Stacken   \ S-168 35  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.