I have a small suggestion for the openssl.org website -

Perhaps the openssl-dev maillist could be described
a bit differently?  I think that many people are making
an honest mistake when they sign up for this list to
ask questions about how to develop applications with
OpenSSL.  They think of themselves as software
developers, so they sign up for the developers list.

Maybe the list charter could be described in more
detail in the sign-up form on the site, gently steering
app developers to the 'users' list.

(Not that I'm perfect either - I've asked a couple
of 'user' questions on this list...  but it was just an
idea I had...)

Apologies for the off-topic post.

Tom Biggs