I remember already having seen this text before.

On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 08:22:42AM +0200, Lauri-Alo Adamson wrote:
> Then I runned the program and some errors occured
>
> SSL_connect: error in SSLv3 write client key exchange A
> SSL_connect: error in SSLv3 write client key exchange A
>
> I would be very pleased if some one could give me good advice that must I do
> to solve this problem!
Check out additional information!

> SSL_connect: before/connect initialization
> SSL_connect: SSLv2/v3 write client hello A
> SSL_connect: SSLv3 read server hello A
> depth = 1 /C=EE/ST=Estonia/L=Tallinn/O=AS Andmevara/OU=Tech/CN=Administrator
> verify return: 1
> depth = 0 /C=EE/ST=Harjumaa/L=Tallinn/O=Andmevara/OU=Andmevara/CN=tivoli
> verify return: 1
> SSL_connect: SSLv3 read server certificate A
> SSL_connect: SSLv3 read server done A
> SSL_connect: error in SSLv3 write client key exchange A
> SSL_connect: error in SSLv3 write client key exchange A
> HTSSLWriter. SSL returned 1
> Error....... Add  73    Severity: 1     Parameter: `Error 0'    Where:
> `SSLWRITE'
> HTSSL....... Closing SSL Object 40023a18

This information is non-consistent. If SSL returns "1", success is meant.
Whenever returning an error value, the exact reason of the error is
saved on the OpenSSL error stack. There is the function SSL_get_error()
to check out the class of the error (SSL_ERROR_WANT_READ etc meaning that
this is not a hard error and the function would need to be retried, or
other errors indicating a "hard error"). In case of a hard error, the
error message is located on the stack.
Maybe you have to extend libwww to provide this additional error information.
Maybe the server has just closed down the connection.

Regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/