Hi,

i probably found a bug in the ca.c program where it sorts the REVOKED
certificate:

        sk_X509_REVOKED_sort(ci->revoked); /* Line 1400 ~ */

the problem is related to the fact that with empty index.txt file the
ci->revoked value is 0: this causes a segmentation fault. Fixing it
can be done in two ways, one is checking for the ci->revoked value
and, in case it is NULL, then we simply don't sort anything; the other
is to check the sk_X509_REVOKED_sort (wich I think points to sk_sort)
and allow for NULL values to be passed.

What is the best solution ? Let me know. I am not sending any patch
right now because I am waiting for suggestions about where to fix.

C'you,

        Massimiliano Pala ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature