From: Geoff Thorpe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

geoff> Ah ...
geoff>
geoff> On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Geoff Thorpe wrote:
geoff>
geoff> > >   @@ -67,8 +67,8 @@
geoff> > >              {
geoff> > >              MemCheck_off();
geoff> > >              name_funcs = OPENSSL_malloc(sizeof(NAME_FUNCS));
geoff> > >   -          name_funcs->hash_func = lh_strhash;
geoff> > >   -          name_funcs->cmp_func = strcmp;
geoff> > >   +          name_funcs->hash_func = (LHASH_HASH_FN_TYPE)lh_strhash;
geoff> > >   +          name_funcs->cmp_func = (LHASH_COMP_FN_TYPE)strcmp;
geoff> > >              name_funcs->free_func = 0; /* NULL is often declared to
geoff> > >                                              * ((void *)0), which according
geoff> > >                                              * to Compaq C is not really
geoff> >
geoff> > the cmp_func and hash_func entries of the NAME_FUNCS structure are the same
geoff> > prototypes as strcmp and lh_strhash. So these casts are currently unecessary
and
geoff> > have in fact introduce an "incompatible" pointer warning. However, what's
geoff> > actually getting used in the lhash code *should* be of the
geoff> > LHASH_[HASH|COMP]_FN_TYPE types so I'll have to figure out where that's at.
geoff> > Working on it ...
geoff>
geoff> I should have waited a couple of minutes before sending that ... those callbacks
geoff> *aren't* used in lhash callbacks, that's why the prototypes are fine as they
geoff> were. I understand now how easy the mistake was to make :-)

Well, the problem is actually that with the latest headers in VMS,
there's some linkage information that is completely innoccous (sp?),
but still creates a warning.  On VMS, warning counters are stored in
the object file, so whenever it gets linked into an application, the
linker will tell the programmer that there ware warnings in module
O_NAMES.

--
Richard Levitte   \ Spannvägen 38, II \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Chairman@Stacken   \ S-168 35  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.