From: Dr S N Henson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 1:45 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: M_ASN1_D2I_get_int in d2i_BASIC_CONSTRAINTS

Stefan Kotes wrote:

> All,
> Current implementation of function d2i_BASIC_CONSTRAINTS in version 0.9.6
is
> using macro M_ASN1_D2I_get_int with
> function d2i_ASN1_BOOLEAN. This code is not correct and it even does not
> compile on some platforms
> like HPUX 11.00.
> Unless I am missing here something, the macro M_ASN1_D2I_get should be
used
> there, because function d2i_ASN1_BOOLEAN returns pointer and not an
integer.

d2i_ASN1_BOOLEAN is an exception which returns an int and takes int * as
the first parameter see crypto/asn1/a_bool.c . All other types return
TYPE * and take TYPE ** as the first parameter.

What compilation error do you get?

OpenSSL 0.9.7 throws all this stuff away anyway. However if there is an
error it should be fixed for 0.9.6a: which will be the last release
using the old ASN1 code.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/